Subject: Update - Re: Temporary Downtime of FTP/N Drive/S Drive due to Hardware Issue
From: David Ambrose <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Help. Desk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 07:12:33 -0700
List-Id: <all.designerliving.com>

We're pleased to inform you that our fileserver, known to you as the "FTP",
"N Drive", or "S Drive", is now back up and operational. Our team has
worked diligently to address the earlier hardware malfunction, and your
files should now be accessible as usual.

However, there are a few important points we'd like to bring to your
attention:

1. Ongoing Maintenance: While we have made significant progress, additional
maintenance will be required in the near future to ensure the server's
long-term stability and performance. To minimize disruption to your work,
this maintenance will be scheduled during our standard maintenance windows.
We will notify you in advance of the exact date and time.

2. Potential Performance Degradation: As many processes were delayed during
the server's downtime, there may be a backlog of tasks that the server now
needs to catch up on. This could result in slightly degraded performance in
the short term. We ask for your patience as the server works through these
tasks. We anticipate that any potential slowdowns will be temporary, and
performance will stabilize soon.

We understand the importance of the FTP/N Drive/S Drive to your daily
operations and appreciate your patience and understanding throughout this
period. We are committed to ensuring the reliability and performance of our
systems, and we are taking every measure to prevent such incidents in the
future.

Should you experience any issues or have further questions, please don’t
hesitate to reach out to our support team at [email-masked] . They
stand ready to assist.

-- 

Thank you,

Dave Ambrose
Director of IT, Hardware
E&E Co., Ltd.
510-946-2327

*Technical support: [email-masked]
*General inquiries: [email-masked]

On Tue, Aug 15, 2023 at 10:53 AM David Ambrose <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> We are writing to inform you about an unforeseen issue with our fileserver
> (commonly known to you as the "FTP", "N Drive", or "S Drive").
>
> Due to a hardware malfunction, the FTP/N Drive/S Drive will be temporarily
> unavailable. Our team has identified the problem and we are actively
> working to acquire the necessary hardware to address and rectify the
> situation. Given the intricacies of this repair, we anticipate that the
> server will be unavailable for the next couple of days.
>
> We understand the importance of the FTP/S Drive in your daily operations
> and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this might cause. Please
> rest assured that we are doing everything within our power to restore
> service as quickly and securely as possible.
>
> In the interim, if you have urgent data needs, please reach out to
> [email-masked] to arrange for temporary alternative solutions.
>
> We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work through this. We
> will inform you as soon as the FTP/N Drive/S Drive is back online and fully
> operational.
>
> Thank you for your cooperation.
>
> --
>
> Thank you,
>
> Dave Ambrose
> Director of IT, Hardware
> E&E Co., Ltd.
> 510-946-2327
>
> *Technical support: [email-masked]
> *General inquiries: [email-masked]
>
>
>
>
>