Subject: *URGENT REMINDER* - Please read - Cybersecurity
From: David Ambrose <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Help. Desk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 08:45:45 -0800
List-Id: <all.designerliving.com>

As a reminder, it is critical that all employees remain alert and vigilant
against virus and malware threats, phishing attempts, and scams.

If you receive a message from someone you do not recognize; receive a
suspicious message; receive a message containing a suspicious attachment or
an attachment you were not expecting - Do Not Open. Delete the message.

If you receive an unexpected communication requesting you to log into a
website to confirm information, change a password, update information, etc
- do not click the link. If you are unsure if the message is legitimate or
not and want to verify the request; open a web browser and log directly
into that website. For example, if you receive an email or text claiming to
come from your bank - do not click the link they've provided. Instead, you
can open a web browser and go directly to the bank's website the same way
you normally would. We often see scams and phishing attempts (attempts to
steal passwords and/or other personal information) of these types. Often
they are claiming to be a bank, PayPal, Ebay, Amazon.com, etc.

If you receive an unexpected email, text, or other form of communication
requesting money transfer on the behalf of a high ranking company official
- do not reply to that individual. You can always confirm with your
accounting department if you are in doubt. Keep in mind that it is highly
unlikely you would receive a legitimate request such as this. We see many
scam attempts of this nature.

Phishing scams may also come across through phone calls, such as a call
offering unsolicited technical or security support. Or possibly through a
pop-up on your computer screen. Companies such as Microsoft, PayPal,
Amazon, etc - will not contact you with unsolicited support.

Malicious communications are not limited to emails, texts, or phone calls.
They can come through all forms of communication. They can also come
through social media, chat applications, websites, and more.

When in doubt, please contact [email-masked]. If you suspect your
computer has been compromised in any way, run a virus scan immediately. If
you suspect you may have been tricked into giving out a password or if you
suspect you may have logged into a fake website using a real username and
password, then go directly to the real website and change your password
immediately.

Although we have many security measures in place, nothing will ever beat
user awareness.

-- 

Thank you,

Dave Ambrose
Director of IT, Hardware
E&E Co., Ltd.
510-946-2327

*Technical support: [email-masked]
*General inquiries: [email-masked]